UNIX is one of the most flexible and powerful operating systems available in today's IT marketplace.
If you're an IT professional, or even an experienced IT user, chances are that you will at some point use a computer system that works with the UNIX operating system. If you're familiar only with DOS or Macintosh computers, trying to use UNIX can be very confusing.
A glossary provides a reference for definition of unfamiliar terms.
You can start the course straight away and access it at any time, providing you have the use of a computer with an Internet connection. The course is available for six months from the date first accessed.
What will you get from this course?
When you have completed this course you will be able to:
- Describe the main features of UNIX
- Understand key system administration tasks
- Compare the three main UNIX shell and describe their advantages and disadvantages
- Write basic shell programs
- Demonstrate competence in performance monitoring and device management
£75.00 + vat