Working with SfE
SfE is a creative and fast growing organisation which helps individuals and businesses to develop their skills through training, mentoring and helping them to set up their own business. We may be a small organisation but we're growing quickly, and have big plans for the future!
We are currently recruiting for the following position(s):
- Freelance Trainers of Health and Safety, First Aid and Food Hygiene programmes.
- Experienced Facilitators of Enterprise provision around Ideas Generation.
Find out more about:
- Our Goals
- Our Culture
- Work / Life Balance
- Rewards and Benefits
- How to Apply
- Candidate Assessment
- Special Requirements
We're clear about our aims and how we intend to achieve them. Our strategic goals are:
- PEOPLE - we will become an employer of choice;
- ACHIEVE EQUALITY - we are committed to the promotion, mainstreaming and prioritization of equality of opportunity, diversity and race equality throughout our service;
- CUSTOMER CENTRIC - we will put the customer at the heart of all our processes.
At SfE, everyone knows what we do and we're aiming to achieve. We all work to a clear set of values, which are:
- EXCEPTIONAL CUSTOMER SERVICE - remaining friendly, human and relaxed, professional but non-corporate.
- HIGH QUALITY STANDARDS - maintaining attention to detail, being honest and delivering on promises.
- INNOVATION - being different but in a good way!
- THINK BIG - we will take on big challenges but make sure that we see them through.
We believe our values set us apart from other, similar organisations. We have translated them into competency measures that apply to everyone, whatever their job, but become increasingly demanding as your level of responsibility grows. Join us and you can expect to be judged on how much you help us work together, how well you focus on performance, your ability to develop yourself and others, the results you achieve and the differences you make.
We value our employees and recognise that maintaining a healthy balance between work and family is essential. We believe having time for your family, friends and outside interests helps you come to work with fresh energy, enthusiasm and a more open mind. We therefore offer, where appropriate:
- Part time working
- Flexible Hours
- Working from Home
In addition, we offer support to staff facing life changing events requiring time away from work including comprehensive maternity, adoption and paternity leave policies.
In addition to a competitive salary, SfE offers:
- 25 days annual leave, in addition to statutory holidays
- Subsidised eye tests
- Company provided laptop for work purposes
- Regular reviews to identify development needs and opportunities for progression
- Open to flexible working where compatible with the goals and roles of the organisation
After successful completion of a 6 month probation period:
- Group personal pension plan at Standard Life, with an employer contribution of 5%, subject to an employee contribution of 5%
- Free life assurance up to the age of 60 which provides 'death in service' cover of three times current salary as a lump sum to a designated dependant
In preparation for our SfE application process it is essential that candidates read and follow the following guidance prior to commencing an application in order to ensure you have all the information to make a successful application.
As part of the SfE application process candidates are asked to submit a CV. It is essential that you tailor your CV to promote your suitability for any particular application according to the job description and person specification for the particular role.
It is good practice to evidence on your CV how you have demonstrated the roles and responsibilities outlined on the Job Description, together with the required elements of the Person Specification.
You should aim to limit your CV to three pages or less.
The aim of SfE's assessment process is to give you the best opportunity to show that you're the most suitable person for the job and to ensure that we make the right choice based on an objective assessment of each applicant's merits. To this end we use various means to assess candidates during the selection process. Often assessment tools are used in addition to the competency based interview. Tools such as ability tests, offer us objective information about candidates abilities.
The nature of the role for which we are recruiting will dictate the nature of the assessments we use. In some cases candidates may be asked to do one or more, or a combination, of the following:
- Competency Based Interview
- Ability Tests
- Presentation Exercise
- Role Play Exercise
If you are asked to complete any assessment exercises as part of the assessment process then you will be advised in advance of the particular tools that will be used.
Competency Based Interview
SfE's interviews involve an assessment of the competencies and the knowledge, skills and experience required for the role. Competency based interviews are used to make the interview process as fair and objective as possible. The theory behind competency based interviewing is that past work behaviour is a good predictor of future job performance therefore you will be required to provide specific examples from your recent work history.
SfE operates a number of ability tests, including a short literacy and numeracy test, and tests surrounding administrative skills. You will be advised beforehand if this will form part of the assessment process and clear, written, instructions will be provided.
Candidates may be asked to carry out a presentation at the assessment stage. You may be provided with the presentation title prior to the day or you may be advised that you will receive the presentation title on the day. If you receive the presentation question on the day you will be provided with preparation time prior to the presentation exercise. You will be advised on the duration of the presentation and you will also receive guidance on presentation equipment that will be available. The presentation exercise will be followed by a short question and answer session.
We are committed to ensuring that all our job applicants are treated fairly and with respect, irrespective of their actual or assumed background including gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, race (including colour, nationality and ethnic origin), religion/belief or disability.
Should you feel you require adjustments to be made to the recruitment process due to a disability then please contact our Managing Director on 0116 251 8730 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note our opening hours are between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday.